GHIC Health Card 2023
GHIC Health Card 2023: The UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) is a valid card issued by the NHS Business Services Authority on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions in the United Kingdom. It is issued free of charge to anyone covered by the United Kingdom’s social security system and as proof of eligibility for the provision of health services under the UK’s reciprocal health care agreement with the European Union, Switzerland and the Bailiwick of Guernsey provides. It is also accepted by Australia as proof of eligibility to enroll in Medicare.
GHIC Health Card 2023: If You are looking for the ghic card application, ghic application form, nhs ghic card, ghic contact number, renew ehic card online, ghic login, ghic card not arrived, renew european health insurance card then you are looking on the right website. Because here we are providing complete details about GHIC Health Card 2023. Let’s have a look.
GHIC Card Application
There are 2 types of covers available.
You can apply for any of the following:
- UK Global Health Insurance Card (UK GHIC)
- UK European Health Insurance Card (UK EHIC), if you have rights under the Withdrawal Agreement
A lower cost, if that treatment becomes necessary during their trip (for example, due to illness or accident), or if they have a chronic pre-existing condition that requires care such as kidney dialysis.
The period of validity of the card varies according to the country of issue. Continued reciprocal healthcare access has been agreed upon between the EU and the UK, and the UK is issuing a new UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) valid in the EU.
GHIC Health Card Eligibility
People eligible for GHIC include:
- British and Irish citizens habitually resident in the UK;
all other citizens with valid leave of absence living in the UK;
Recipients of a UK state pension living in the EU or Switzerland;
- Students normally living in the UK but currently taking up a study or work placement in the EU or Switzerland;
- Employees are usually UK residents but temporarily posted abroad by their employers.
- Anyone currently holding a valid UK-issued EHIC does not require to apply for a GHIC Health Card until this expires.
Renew European Health Insurance Card
- First, you should select Renew current card at the top of the screen.
- You should enter the 10-digit ID number on your expired card. This number is on the bottom left of the front of the card.
- Confirm the address of the card that will be sent.
NHS GHIC Card
How To Use NHS European Health Card
If you want to use your card to access medically necessary state-provided healthcare when you are visiting an EU country or Switzerland.
Medically necessary healthcare includes the following:
- Emergency treatment and visits to A&E
- Treatment for a long-term or pre-existing medical condition
- Routine medical care for pre-existing conditions that need monitoring
- Routine maternity care, as long as you’re not going abroad to give birth
- Oxygen therapy and kidney dialysis
NHS European Health Card History
It replaced the following medical forms:
E110 – For international road hauliers
E111 – For tourists
E119 – For unemployed people/job seekers
E128 – For students and workers in another member state
GHIC Health Card 2023: was issued from 1 June 2004 to 2005, becoming the only health care entitlement document on 1 January 2006.
Participating Member States:
- Czech Republic
GHIC Contact Number
The Easiest and Quickest way to apply for a card is online at www.nhs.uk/ghic
or by calling 0300 330 1350 from the UK or +44 191 279 0575 from abroad.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8 am to 6 pm, and Saturday 9 am to 3 pm (UK time).
You May Also Like: