Apply for a Free UK Global Health Insurance Card 2023
Apply for a Free UK Global Health Insurance Card 2023: The UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) entitles you to government healthcare in Europe at a reduced cost or sometimes for free. If you have a UK European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) this will be valid until the card expires. After it expires, you will need to apply for a GHIC to replace it.
Apply for a Free UK Global Health Insurance Card: Most people are looking for the global health insurance card (uk), ghic health card, nhs global health card, renew ehic card online, ehic application form, apply for ghic, nhs medical card apply online, www.nhs.uk ehic card renewal & etc. Therefore, here we are providing each and every detail about Apply for a Free UK Global Health Insurance Card. Let’s have a look.
GHIC Health Card
The UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) is a card issued by the NHS Business Services Authority on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions in the United Kingdom. It is issued free of charge to anyone covered by the social security system of the United Kingdom and gives evidence of eligibility for the provision of healthcare services under the UK’s reciprocal healthcare agreements with the European Union, Switzerland, and the Bailiwick of Guernsey. It is also accepted by Australia as proof of eligibility to enroll in Medicare.
NHS Medical Card Apply Online
The EHIC card gives you access to state-provided healthcare abroad such as:
- emergency treatment
- A&E visits
- Routine maternity care, unless you are going abroad to give birth(opens in a new tab)
- Both cards offer similar coverage but the countries in which they are valid are subject to change.
Before starting Application
- Your National Insurance number
- National Insurance numbers of anyone else you are applying for, including your partner who is aged 16 or over
- Depending on your circumstances, they can also ask you for your NHS number, if you have one.
Renew European Health Insurance Card
You can renew the EHIC online if:
- You have your old EHIC number and your PPS number
- Your address has not changed
By calling 0300 330 1350 from the UK or +44 191 279 0575 from overseas. The lines are open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm and on Saturdays from 9 am to 3 pm (UK time).
Who can Apply for a Free UK Global Health Insurance Card?
You may be eligible for the UK GHIC if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are living in the UK legally and you do not have health care coverage provided by an EU country or Switzerland
- You are living in the EU or Switzerland with a registered S1, E121, E106, or E109 form issued by the UK
- You are living in the EU or Switzerland with an A1 document issued by the UK
- You are a family member or dependent of the entitled person listed earlier.
How to Apply for a Free UK Global Health Insurance Card?
You can apply for a GHIC on the NHS website.
Applying for GHIC is free. Some websites charge a fee to help you apply – these are unnecessary and you don’t need to use them.
You will need to provide your:
- Full Name
- Date of birth
- National Insurance or NHS number (England and Wales)
- CHI Number (Scotland)
- Health and Care Numbers (Northern Ireland).
You May Also Like: