SIM Card Registration
SIM Card Registration Bill Philippines:- The SIM Registration Act, officially designated as Republic Act No. 11934 and commonly referred to as the SIM Card Law, is a Philippine law that mandates the registration of SIM cards prior to activation. Under the measure, mobile device users, including prepaid and postpaid, will have to register their SIM cards. This law has been made to curb cybercriminal activities.
The act based on House Bill No. 14 is called The Sim Registration Act and Senate Bill (SB) No. 1310, with their separate provisions being reconciled through a bicameral conference committee. Romualdez is the author of the HB No.
President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. signed Republic Act No. 11934 into law on October 10, 2022, otherwise known as the “Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) Registration Act”.
How to Register Sim Card on Phone?
- Full name.
- Date of Birth.
- Type of government ID presented + ID number.
- Government ID with photo.
- Declaration that the information presented is true and correct.
How can I know my SIM registration cost?
- There is a consensus code for all operators to check SIM card registration.
- Dial *16001#, and a pop-up will appear on the screen.
- Enter the last 4 digits of the NID.
- Press Enter and further you will receive a message containing the list of phone numbers registered under the NID.
Can I use my Airtel SIM in the Philippines?
We can give you an example the Indian mobile operator Airtel has a tie-up with a local operator in the Philippines, in this scenario, if you take an Airtel sim card to the Philippines then it will be in roaming and you will have to pay Rs. Some fee has to be paid. It is there for calls and data.
Do I need a sim card in the Philippines?
Registering a SIM card is required for all customers in the Philippines and topping up is easy, just provide your phone number and pay at any shop owner.
Read Also:- Pandit Deendayal Health Card Online Apply