MSI Application Form:- If you are looking for MSI Application Form, then you can get all the details step by step from here regarding the MSI Application Form including Fill Online, Eligibility, Documents, and other details.
MSI Application Form
MSI stands for Medical Services Insurance (Nova Scotia Health Card). MSI Health card provides eligible resident coverage for medically required hospital, medical, dental, and optometric services. Visitors to Nova Scotia are not allowed this health card’s coverage.
This card’s medical services are administrated by Medavie Blue Cross on behalf of the Nova Scotia government. This card’s services are administered directly by the Department of Health and Wellness.
So it is suggested that Nova Scotia’s residents should always carry their signed Nova Scotia Health Card with them.
Applicants should sign the MSI Application Form in the appropriate space provided to prevent delays in the processing of the health card renewal form.
After signing the form, return the form to MSI. To return the form to MSI, the MSI Application Form can be faxed to MSI Resident Services.
In this article, you are reading about MSI Application Form – How to Apply for MSI Health Card.
How to Apply for MSI Health Card
To apply for an MSI health card, you will have to contact the MSI registration and Inquiry department at 902-496-7008 or at 1-800-563-8880 to start the application process.
One thing should be in mind blank applications are not provided. Health Card applications are assessed on an individual basis and proof of Citizenship and Immigration documentation is required.
If the application is processed, MSI health cards are issued to each family member. To receive insured health services, MSI health cards must be presented to healthcare providers.
You can also check here MSI Reimbursement, Apply for NS Health Card Online, and MSI Renewal Form Online.
The list of documents for Proof of Canadian Citizenship is given below:
- Canadian birth certificate
- Valid Canadian passport (or one that has not expired for more than five years)
- Canadian citizenship card or certificate (both sides)
- NEXUS card
- ‘Registration of Birth Abroad
- A baptismal certificate states when and where in Canada the person was born
- Canadian military ID
- RCMP ID card
- Proof of Canadian Old Age Security (OAS), Proof of date of birth will also need to accompany this
- Certificate of Indian Status Card
These documents are not enough, there are some other documents that should be for processing for the health card so contact at MSI registration and Inquiry department by calling 902-496-7008 or at 1-800-563-8880 and ask for documents.
MSI Health Card Services
- Consultations with a family doctor, physician, or specialist when medically necessary
- Diagnostic services except those available under Insured Hospital Services
- Services at a hospital, including all necessary surgical services, standard accommodation, and meals
- Obstetric, prenatal, and postnatal care
- Treatment for fractures and dislocations
- Physical examinations, pap smears, and other preventative testing
- Medically necessary diagnostic services, such as x-rays, MRIs, CAT scan
- Supervision of home dialysis
- Basic dental care for children aged 14 and under
- Vision test for children aged nine and younger, or adults aged 65 and older once every two years
MSI Health Card Eligibility
You should be a Canadian citizen with a permanent resident or a landed immigrant to be eligible for an MSI health card.
MSI Application Form Online Apply
Any individual can’t apply online for the MSI Health Card. You need to submit the MSI Application Form to its registration department.