Nova Scotia Health Card 2023
Nova Scotia Health Card 2023: The Department of Health and Welfare oversees health care throughout the province to help people maintain and improve their health. Nova Scotia MSI funds health services and helps ensure that high-quality health services are accessible. Nova Scotia also promotes health and wellness, works to reduce health risks, and leads health care policy, legislation, and standards.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) and IWK Health Center (IWK) provide healthcare and help build healthier communities. It also operates health care programs including Emergency Health Services (EHS), Seniors and Family Pharmacare, and 811 Telecare.
If you are looking for the Nova Scotia Health Card 2023 then you are looking on the right webpage. Because Here we are providing every single detail about Nova Scotia Health Card 2023. Let’s have a Look.
Nova Scotia Health Card Application
To register for a health card in Nova Scotia, you must contact the MSI Registration and Inquiries Department at 902-496-7008 or 1-800-563-8880 (toll-free within Canada) to begin the application process. Blank applications are not given.
Applications are assessed on an individual basis and proof of citizenship or immigration documentation is required*. Once the application is processed, health cards are issued for each family member. The health card must be presented to healthcare providers before receiving insured health services.
Nova Scotia Health Card Document Requirements
List of acceptable documents for proof of Canadian citizenship:
- Canadian birth certificate
- valid Canadian passport (or one that has not expired for more than five years)
- Canadian Citizenship Card or Certificate (both sides)
- Nexus card
- ‘Registration of Birth Abroad
- Baptismal certificate showing when and where the person was born in Canada
- Canadian military id
- RCMP id card
- Along with this, Canadian Old Age Security (OAS), proof of date of birth will also have to be provided
Certificate of Stocia Health Status Card This is not a comprehensive list, as there are other documents an MSI may approve that may not be listed. If you are applying for a health card for the first time in Nova Scotia you should contact the MSI Registration and Inquiry Office.
Nova Scotia Health Card Eligibility
To be eligible for Nova Scotia Health Card benefits an applicant must be:
- a Canadian citizen or “permanent resident” (landed immigrant);
- a resident who makes his permanent home in Nova Scotia;
- The province has 183 days per calendar year; And
Registered with MSI.
The following persons are not eligible for coverage:
- Members of the Canadian Armed Forces (however, family members are eligible on the date they established residency in Nova Scotia)
- Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) (however, family members may be eligible to apply for Medical Services Insurance (MSI) on the date they establish residence in Nova Scotia). NATO members themselves and families of NATO members from the United States of America (USA) are not coming into the eligibility.
Apply for NS Health Card online
If you want to get medical services benefits in Nova Scotia then you must contact the MSI Registration and Inquiries Department at 902-496-7008 or 1-800-563-8880 (toll-free within Canada) to begin the application process.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Nova Scotia Health Card?
The health card will be dispatched to the provided address within 10 business days. If you choose not to apply at the kiosk, you will be provided with a form at the hospital or you can call MSI at 902-496-7008 or 1-800-563-8880 (toll-free in Canada) to register your newborn. can contact.
MSI Reimbursement Form
Your Nova Scotia health card has an expiration date. Three months prior to this date, you will receive a “Health Card Renewal” form that you must complete, sign, and return to MSI. Once the form is received and no additional information is required, coverage will be renewed and a new card will be sent with a new expiration date. Forms are available for download (PDF) or by calling the MSI office.
Nova Scotia Health Card Number Format
The words Nova Scotia (red) and Health (silver) are printed on the right edge. The card contains the insured’s ten-digit health insurance number, name, gender, date of birth; effective date of coverage; and card expiry date.
Nova Scotia Health Card Contacts
902-496-7008 or toll-free in Canada at 1-800-563-8880
Mailing address: PO Box 500, Halifax NS B3J 2S1
Location address: 230 Brownlow Ave, Dartmouth NS
Online Web Address: https://beta.novascotia.ca/
You May Also Like: