West Bengal Health Scheme 2023
West Bengal Health Scheme 2023 – Central Government Health Scheme authority and Govt of West Bengal announced WBHS (West Bengal Health Scheme) in the year 2008. It aims to provide health treatment for 17 various illnesses under OPD. This scheme was launched for pensioners and state government employees and for their families. Right now, It is running successfully across the West Bengal state. If you are here to know and apply for West Bengal Health Scheme (WBHS) then you must read the following information.
West Bengal Health Scheme was introduced in 2008 by the state government of West Bengal. West Bengal Health Scheme was released for retired and families. thereafter, in 2009 and 2010 west Bengal state government expend the scheme in Indian administrative services (IAS) and for Indian forest employees. West Bengal Health Scheme was expended under Central Government Health Scheme. In the year 2011 again west Bengal health scheme benefits were expended.
WB Health Scheme Benefits
As per the WBHS benefits, benefits are variously categorized by the authority. It is available for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Forest Service (IFS), and Indian Police Service (IPS) which benefits are various.
WB Health Scheme Coverage
According to the WBHS, beneficiaries are able to get 17 different illness treatments via OPD in listed hospitals across the West Bengal state. Apart from this, beneficiaries are also able to get treatment at 11 various listed hospitals outside the West Bengal state.
In the year 2014, the Government of West Bengal notified to rename the scheme as West Bengal Swasthya Cashless Medical Treatment Scheme 2014 for all employees and pensioners in place of this health scheme. and 1,50,000 per indoor treatment.
WB Health Scheme Eligibility
Given below are the eligibility criteria to be a part of the West Bengal Health Scheme.
- The West Bengal Health Scheme is available to pensioners and state government employees and their families.
- According to the rules of this scheme, those who have opted for this scheme according to the medical allowance, those people are also eligible for this scheme.
- Officers and pensioners of All India Services can take advantage of this fact.
- The cover mentioned for the family includes the spouse, parents, dependent children of the beneficiary, and dependent siblings of the beneficiary.
- The cover provided for the family under the scheme includes the spouse, parents, dependent children of the beneficiary, and dependent siblings of the beneficiary.
What is the Claim Process of WB Health Scheme?
Here you will be able to check how you can be able to claim for West Bengal Health Scheme (WBHS). Check the following Instructions.
- Submit the cashless card on admission for treatment, keep in mind that the card will be applicable only in the listed hospital.
- The healthcare organization will then send an authorization request to the government-authorized agency.
- After that, the agency will check the details and accept the request
- After receiving treatment, the health care organization or hospital will send the bill to the agency. Keep in mind that when the bill is sent, it is necessary to have all the documents along with it such as a medical report, doctor’s certificate, discharge summary, and others.
- After this, the agency will verify the documents sent.
- Finally, the agency will transfer the amount to the healthcare organization.
West Bengal Health Scheme Hospital List
West Bengal Health Scheme (WBHS) Hospital list is given below.
- Apollo Gleneagles
- Ruby General Hospital
- BM Birla Heart Research Centre
- Medica Super-specialty Hospital
- The mission of Mercy Hospital
- Susrut Eye Foundation
- The Calcutta Medical Research Institute
- Desun Hospitals and Heart Institute
- Nightingale Hospitals
- R N Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences.
Here we only mentioned popular hospital names in the list. but you can check the entire listing of hospitals through the official website for cashless treatment.
How to Apply for West Bengal Health Scheme?
The application procedure is very easy and convenient for the West Bengal Health Scheme. If you are willing to online apply for this scheme then you can go with the following instructions.
- First of all, Visit the official webpage i.e. https://wbhealthscheme.gov.in/
- Thereafter, Go under “Online Enrollment”
- Select Your Category. (Suppose To Click on Govt Employee)
- Submit Date of entry into Govt. Service
- Press Yes or No, If you have PRAN/GPF or Not.
- The process will automatically appear.
West Bengal Health Scheme Portal
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: (033)2254-4123/(033)2254-4034
You May Also Like: